Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Flamenco Quote of the Day

I am still not very flexible with respect to flamenco. Lola Flores, for instance; every time she released a record, it was brought to my place so that we would know about it, and we never played it, no sir. I never considered Lola as a good cantaora or a good bailaora; she was a very temperamental and very Andalusian woman, no doubt about it, but there is a great difference between that and flamenco. Well you can imagine that if I didn't stand up with Lola, how am I going to stand up with all the bullshit that the administration of today wants to sell to us as being flamenco, you understand? I am not a very tolerant person regarding Flamenco.

Paco Lira/Owner of La Carboneria in Sevilla (long before it became just another tourist attraction)

www.MatadoraFlamenca.com

No comments: