Friday, September 18, 2015

Flamenco Quote of the Day

Some of those women stuck around in the weeks to come and later others joined up to dance with Carmen la Coja. I actually got to like teaching the "flamingo dance for yuppies class.".... Look at me, I told one sad suburban lady whose husband, she said, made a lot of money but was never home. I cupped her chin and her eyes went left, right, then down. Look at me, I said again. When she did I let go of her chin. Her neck was straight and her head balanced on top like a China vase on a pedestal. You keep that pose when you are on the street, when you go into a restaurant, when your husband comes home. You keep your head up. Dignity is the sexiest thing a woman can learn.

From the novel "Peel My Love Like an Onion" by Ana Castillo

www.MatadoraFlamenca.com

No comments: