Friday, September 4, 2015

Flamenco Quote of the Day

"Even before I began playing the guitar, I knew all the rhythms...how to make the rhythms...solea, buleria...all the rhythms...and I would say to my father, "That falseta is out of compas." And my father would say, "What? Bullshit!" But I would insist, "No, no it's out of compas." I would play the compas on the table, and we would see that I was right. This was before I was playing the guitar. That time was very fortunate for me because...that's why the gypsies are the best...because they hear the music from the time they are born. It is very fortunate. When I started to play the guitar, I knew what to do, where to go, how to play. That was the most important thing for me."

Paco de Lucia/Guitarrista 1994

www.MatadoraFlamenca.com

No comments: